Chris Zempel's Blog
Hi. I'm a software developer based out of St. Louis, MO.
I believe modern-day society isn't built for the people who live in it. I believe one of the main, missing ingredients is the feeling of transcendence. I believe this feeling is lying dormant and unactivated all around us. Enacting transcendence is a worthy pursuit. Maybe even the most worthy.
Why is it companies who can turn capital into all kinds of things - cars, global supply chains, incredible volume - can't seem to be build good software?
I write when ideas have nowhere else to go. Take a peak:
- COVID Guidelines guide
- How to Choose What to Read guide
- On Making More Expressive Frameworks anecdote
- Segmenting Software Development Work by Demand anecdote
- Solving the Wizard Problem guide
- Snippet - Nifty Way of Text -> Data snippet rust
- Why Two-Way Data Binding Is(n't) Bad anecdote
- How to Debug guide
- Coffee isn't Complicated guide
- React in Rails - The Gotchas guide
- My Favorite Book of All Time anecdote
- Junior vs Senior thought-experiment
- The Development Behind InvisibleGirlfriend anecdote
- What is Critical Thinking? thought-experiment
- The Five Core Activities of a Software Dev launchcode
- Learning to Think Like A Developer launchcode
- Working at Efeqdev launchcode
- Test Your Might - How I’m Getting up to Speed launchcode
- How I Launched My Development Career in Nine Months launchcode